Blaze Thompson, CSCS
Through knowledge and personality Blaze Thompson brings a unique opportunity for individuals to improve their: wellness, performance, mental toughness, and ability to excel. A background in wrestling, body building, and power lifting, combined with experience training individuals and groups ranging in fitness level from beginner to professional athlete, Blaze has a unique ability to meet clients at their level. Teaching and sharing philosophies and training protocols that become tools for life.
- Bachelor of Science, East Carolina University 2001
- Personal Trainer Certification International Fitness Professionals Association
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist NSCA
- NASCAR trainer for the 2007 and 2008 seasons Petty Enterprises
- Master Member of IDEA, Association of Fitness Professionals
- American Heart Association Certified CPR Instructor
- Yes! Weekly 2013 Triad Best of Trainer of the Year
Contact Blaze at (336) 420-0490
With an extensive background in fitness that ranges from college athletics to the military to personal training and health club management, Bert has worked through all aspects of personal fitness. Whether it involves post-rehab therapy, sports specific conditioning, or general conditioning, he has the experience and expertise to help you achieve any personal goals. Bert has worked ahead of fitness trends to bring functional training to the forefront of his prescribed workouts. With a personal philosophy of taking the routine out of the routine, his workouts are all about constant change and variation. Typical training regimens include a healthy mix of resistance training that includes Olympic lifts, compound exercises, bodyweight movements, and core conditioning, combined with specific cardiovascular conditioning.
Bert’s passionate pursuit towards improving one’s overall wellness drives him to continue growing in the fitness industry. Along with Blaze Thompson, their shared beliefs and training styles have evolved into the system of Tactical Strength. Tactical Strength represents the combined effort of decades of training evolution. Look past the fancy equipment and expensive machines found in today’s health clubs. Challenge yourself to learn how to move effectively and efficiently. Don’t use the machine, become the machine!
Contact Bert at (336) 669-4605
Ryan Roberts, M.Sc.
With an international background working in the exercise and sports performance field, Ryan has extensive knowledge of strength and conditioning, high performance, talent identification and development with multiple skill levels from the grass roots to the elite level. Ryan was born with a mild case of Cerebral Palsy (CP) at birth which has allowed him to develop creative avenues for improving the body of an individual with a disability.
Ryan received a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from East Carolina University then went on to receive a Master’s Degree in High Performance Science from Bond University in Australia.
Ryan played Lacrosse in high school and college, then went on to become the president of the lacrosse club for the city of Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
- Member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association since 2010
- Certified Combine (Ignite Performance) 360 Coach
- Worked for the Australian Institute of Sport
- High Performance Lab Technician form 2008-2009 and 2012-2013
- Volunteer Member of the Wounded Warrior Project since 2010
Contact Ryan at (336)-337-6594